Summer getaway - with great diving in Canada
The waters around Hornby Island are full of a rich variety of marine life. In any season, you can encounter Giant Pacific octopus, wolf eels, harbour seals, large ling cod and rock fish, colourful anemones and nudibranchs. Good visibility and gentle currents make the Hornby Island area easy to dive. Drift dives, wall dives, deep dives, and sculpted sandstone reefs are all part of the underwater terrain.
In July, we expect to see lots of jellies, nudibranchs and dogfish. It is not the season for Sealions, but we should have nice summer weather! The vis is generally 30-50' below 20' in the summer.
Non-divers, (and divers), will enjoy hiking and exploring Hornby Island.
- 4 nights lodging
- All meals
- 7 boat dives + unlimited shore diving
- Tanks & weights
- Taxes and fees
- Tips, gear, nitrox (available)
- Soda, beer, and wine (BYOB)
- Ferry fees
- Balance due 90 days before trip
- Wednesday July 3: arrive between 3-6 pm; dinner is at 6 pm
- Thursday July 4: 3 boat dives
- Friday July 5: 2 boat dives (+ shore dive?)
- Saturday July 6: 2 boat dives (+ shore dive?)
- Sunday July 7: breakfast then depart